- Clinical Understudy and Research Education (CURE) was established in the Fall of 2012 with the purpose of assisting college students who are preparing for some type of health professional school. We help students gain insight into the health field by holding lectures and seminars every other Monday. During these meetings, a health professional speaks about their career and teaches the members how to perform a hands-on procedure. Additionally, we provide volunteering, shadowing, and research opportunities which many students need to apply to such schools.
Population of Students:
- Pre-Physician Assistant
- Pre-Occupational Therapy
- Sports Medicine
Types of Events/Activities:
- The types of events this organization will undertake will consist of community service projects, as well as opportunities for the advancement of knowledge and understanding of the healthcare system. This includes shadowing, CPR certifications, and partnerships with different organizations on campus such as FIU Embrace and HWCOM.
- Research opportunities are actively sought out by our Executive Board and Research Chair.
- We proudly collaborate with Jose's Hands, MedX, Blue Missions Group and International Medical Relief.
- There is a $40 new member fee and an annual renewal fee of $35.
- This fee includes a CURE short sleeve shirt, pen, water bottle, and all the events that CURE has to offer for an entire academic year (Fall and Spring Semesters).
- If you decide to join CURE after the membership fee deadline, there is a late fee of $5.
- SPRING 2019 DEADLINE: Monday, February 25th of 2019 (3rd General Meeting)